Lincoln Center | Metropolitan Opera
The world's leading performing arts center, Lincoln Center and Metropolitan Opera occupies over 16 acres on the Upper West Side. Lincoln Center has 26 different performance venues and is home to 12 performing arts organizations, representing everything from ballet and chamber music to film and jazz.
Lincoln Center Directions:
Lincoln Center is located between West 62nd and 65th Streets and Columbus and Amsterdam Avenues. Frederick P. Rose Hall venues are in the Time Warner Center, located at Broadway and 60th Street.
- Lincoln Center Subway -1 to 66th Street/Lincoln Center Station.
- Frederick P Rose Hall Subway - A, B, C, D, or 1 to 59th Street/Columbus Circle.
- Lincoln Center Parking - There’s street parking available around Lincoln Center. Pay attention to parking regulations and bring quarters to feed the meter if you park at a metered spot.
There are many Hotels in New York to choose from when you visit New York - Why should you choose The Milford Hotel? The Milford Hotel is a historic New York Hotel set in the heart of New York's Times Square close to all things that make New York City the "World's Most Exciting City" like Attractions in New York like Lincoln Center and Metropolitan Opera.
View our New York Hotel Deals >
Check Rates or Make Reservations at our New York Hotel > or call: 888-352-3650
Metropolitan Opera Performance facilities:
- Alice Tully Hall: 1,095-seat concert hall located within the Juilliard School building; home stage of The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center.
- Avery Fisher Hall: 2,738-seat Symphony Hall; home stage of the New York Philharmonic; formerly Philharmonic Hall.
- The Metropolitan Opera House: 3,900-seat opera house; home stage of the Metropolitan Opera. This is the second Metropolitan Opera House; the original one opened in 1883 and was demolished in 1966, the year of the opening of the new Metropolitan Opera facilities at Lincoln Center.
- David H. Koch Theater: 2,713-seat theater; originally known as the New York State Theater and constructed to be the home of the New York City Ballet, now also serves as home to the New York City Opera.
- Vivian Beaumont Theater: 1,080-seat Broadway-style theater operated since 1985 as the main stage of Lincoln Center Theater.
- Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater(originally known as the Forum): intimate 299-seat theater operated by Lincoln Center Theater for its Off-Broadway-style productions.
- The Walter Reade Theatre: 268-seat movie theater; used by the Film Society of Lincoln Center; features a raised dais used for post-screening filmmaker discussions.
Jazz at Lincoln Center, while a part of Lincoln Center, is located separately in the Frederick P. Rose Hall complex within the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle. It consists of the following performance and related facilities:
- The Allen Room: 508-seat amphitheater with 50-foot glass wall overlooking Central Park; part of Jazz at Lincoln Center's facilities.
- Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola: A Nightclub-style venue in the Jazz at Lincoln Center facility; allows Jazz to be performed in its traditional venue.
- Rose Theater: 1,094-seat Concert Hall designed for Jazz performances.
- Irene Diamond Education Center: A rehearsal, recording, and classroom facility at Jazz at Lincoln Center.
Lincoln Center Tours:
Want to learn more about Lincoln Center? Consider taking a tour of Lincoln Center. Lincoln Center offers daily guided tours for individuals and groups of the main Lincoln Center Complex and Jazz at Lincoln Center. These tours offer visitors a chance to see behind the scenes at select venues and learn more about the art, architecture and performances at Lincoln Center. Upon request, tours are available in French, Italian, Japanese, German, and Spanish, as well as American Sign Language.
About The Milford Hotel - A New York Hotel
Milford Plaza Hotel is located in the heart of New York City, surrounded by Times Square, the Broadway Theater district, Manhattan’s best Restaurants and Nightclubs, the Empire State Building, the subway, NYC Shopping and more – and is undergoing a $140 million renovation to remain among the best NYC Hotels in Manhattan with 1,300 completely remodeled Guest Rooms and Guest Suites.
The Milford Hotel recently completed all new Guest Rooms and is renovating the Lounge, Fitness Room, and accommodations that will impress Guests worldwide. This historic Times Square Hotel is perfectly located near all NYC Activities and Attractions that bring visitors to Manhattan – for business or pleasure. Jacob Javits Convention Center, the financial district, Madison Square Garden, MOMA, Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, Greenwich Village, and much more is within minutes by walk or ride. Come see the best of NYC and stay at The Milford Plaza Hotel – the favored destination for a Times Square Hotel.
Visiting New York? Choose Milford Plaza Hotel - A Times Square Hotel.
Take a Photo Tour of Milford Plaza Hotel - a Times Square Hotel.